Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day Ditto!

I just reread my blog posts about Father's Day last year and really everything I said last year applies this year---

My dad was the perfect dad for me.....
Gary has been the best husband and parenting partner for me...
and Scott and Austen are darling dads for their cute children which we adore.

Happy Father's Day to you!

Love you all!

And probably due to our recent involvement in family history, I have been so grateful for all of the fathers throughout our lines of family.  In ways we don't understand, we are connected and touched by them as well.

I was recently involved in a conversation with friends about family reunions and our upcoming Hall Mini-Reunion (which is just for our immediate family minus Tosha and company this time).  They were commenting about reunions they have or didn't have depending on what side of the family it was.  I mentioned that the Owen Family was written up in a Family Journal Magazine (I am not sure which magazine) in an article about family reunions because they have been having a yearly reunion for over 125 years in Oregon.  My friends laughed and said that there must be a reunion gene in my family and that is what we have reunions.  My dad's birth family, the Morgans, also has a long running reunion.  Maybe it is genetic!!  But it made me think about Benjamin Franklin Owen who settled in Oregon, married and had 15 children (my grandfather was number 11th or 12th).  His wife passed away when my grandfather was only 6 years old.  It was his family who started the Owen Reunion which has continued these many years.  I am grateful to be from families who value connections over the generations.  I can't wait to meet them someday.

No comments: