Sunday, June 19, 2016

It is amazing to me

how quickly time is flying by--days and weeks come and go so fast.  I guess it is a product of being old (er).  I can still clearer remember sitting in my 6th grade class and watching the clock tick the finally few minutes of school.  Those minutes seemed to last an hour each.  Now it seems like it is so fast between Sunday to Sunday.

On Wednesday, Jena was part of a reader's theatre at Wonderwood.  They did "Wizard of Oz".  I was at a meeting with Ben so Gary took pictures for us.
All of the kids in the play with Vicki Elhen, one of the owners of Wonderwood
Jena was the tin man who was looking for a brain.  I had gotten Jena a black funnel to serve as her hat.  She commented that it should be grey but I couldn't find a grey one (at the Dollar Store).  After a couple of minutes she came in and asked me for some silver duct tape.  She used that and made her funnel silver.  We didn't realize that her mask had a tin hat attach to it, so she was double covered in her costume.
 Jena is the one that decided she needed a silver tie as well (since I hadn't found a grey vest which was her first choice).  These girl is passionate about her costumes.

Thursday night was our Pack Meeting "End of the School Year Carnival" with the value of obedience.

We played four different games which allowed the Bears and Webelos to pass off some of their requirements to teach games and fitness activities.
Marble Roll Race
Duck Race (with squirt guns pushing the ducks)
This would be a great relay for family reunions.
You have two teams which line up on opposite ends with a basket in the middle.
You run to the middle and take off one of your shoes and then run back.
Everyone does it until both of their shoes are in the basket.
Then you take turns running , finding your shoe, putting it on and racing back.
Everyone does that until they have both of their shoes on.
Might not be great on socks in grass, but the boys had fun.
The Bears did a couple of different games but the one I got a picture
of was passing a hula hoop around the circle without letting go of hands.
They timed it but I don't know which team got the fastest time.

We have stopped having refreshments at Pack Meeting except for special events--about 4 times a year.  I can't believe how nice it is to clean up when there has been no food served.  It makes planning less as well.  I have never had a boy complain about it to me either.  This time they did get a small treat from the duck races.

Saturday was my dad's birthday so Jena and I headed down to Salt Lake with a Marie Callender's cherry pie (got some ice cream), picked up Jessica and Liam at Michael's (Elessia had to work) and headed over to their house.  No pictures but we had a nice time and they got to know Liam a little better.

Then we headed back to Syracuse and Chantel and Scarlett joined us for the evening.  We stayed outside almost the whole time, playing in the sand, jumping on the trampoline, swimming in the little pool and having fun.
Playing with Aunt Jena

Liam was hoping to get a lick from the dogs
He did but I missed the picture.

Scarlett loves the sand box.  She looks a bit cold in this
picture but it was about 92 degrees.
The fun thing is that we are doing it again tonight for Father's Day.  Scott will miss out again as he will be at work, but the rest of us will be around.

The only down side yesterday was that I fell on the cement stairs going into the garage and twisted my ankle.  It was pretty painful by the end of the night but doing much better today.  I probably can't wear a shoe to Church but at least I can walk on it.  Ice is a good thing.

No comments: