Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sis. TO comes for a visit.....

Actually it was Dick and  Robynn Thiot for our Plano Texas ward and our dear friends and they didn't actually come and visit us this trip but made a quick visit to....

Sis. Jena Hall at the Church History Museum on Tuesday.  They had made a quick stop in Salt Lake after visiting their new grandson in LA before making it back to Texas.

Jena was so excited to tell me about Sis. TO and her husband (sorry Dick!).  You love friends just a little bit more who love your children and Robynn has a special relationship with our three youngest children and even though they are adults they still all call her Sis. TO.  Tosha, who adores Robynn, said it just wouldn't be right to call her anything else.

I am sure I have shared this experience sometime before in talking about the Thiots, but just in case, I will repeat it here.  Ben and her youngest son, Skyler, were in the same kindergarten class (and were best buddies.)  One day when I was volunteering in the class, Sky called out to me, "Sis. Hall, can you help me please."  Catching his "mistake", he quickly said, "I mean, Mrs. Hall."  A little later the teacher came to me and asked why he called me Sis. Hall.  She also shared that she had noticed that Ben sometimes called Sky's mom Sis. Thiot. I explained that we attended the same "congregation" and we referred to each other as Brother and Sister to illustrate our relationship to each other.  The teacher commented, "I love it.  Tell the boys that they should call you Sis. anytime they want.  I knew it was significant because of the way they said it.".  I grew up in the Church and took that all for granted before that time---now it is a sweet thing to be called Sis. Hall.  Even five year old boys at school used that term in such a way that impressed their teacher.

How sweet our friendships are and how wonderful to understand that we are all brothers and sisters of the same Heavenly Parents.

1 comment:

Robynn said...

Oh Judy, what an honor to get a shout out in Hi From Syracuse! I LOVED seeing your darling daughter and I only wished you would have been there too. Next time, I promise to be a better planner and get to see you too. I LOVED the story about Ben and Sky and us being Sisters. I'm glad you are my sister. Have a lovely 4th and Happy Belated Birthday to you!