Sunday, February 28, 2016

Another week down.............

(Historical recording--nothing profound--just life)  It was one of those weeks where every day had somewhere to go and things to get done and it all worked out--well, if you don't count the lack of many actual dinners (thank heavens for pot pies and other convenience foods).  A couple of times I didn't even see Gary from morning until night as we were busy doing our own thing.

Sunday after Church we headed up to visit Gary's sister, Vonette and her family.  Vonette is recovering from getting her tonsils out--definitely harder for adults than children.  We played our new game "Fruit Basket" which they liked.  As we drove up Ogden canyon there was a beautiful full moon just coming over the mountains.  I tried to capture it with my phone as we were driving but only got this:
Really--the moon was huge and gorgeous.  Just imagine a time you have seen a large, beautiful moon in the east sky!  That is what it looked like that night.

Monday I had a meeting at Jena's school in preparation for Jena's upcoming IEP.  It didn't go well, but we will see what the future brings.  Then I spent the next hour doing a phone conference about Ben.  He had spent the past few weeks in day treatment at the CRU as they changed his medication again.  He was discharged that evening.  The I picked up Jena and we headed up for skiing.

Although it was hazy and overcast on the west side of the mountains where we all live, there were blue skies and sunshine.  I spent the 2 hours she skied, studying and enjoying the weather and scenery.  I love having a reason to head to the mountains each week in the winter. Almost as good as going to the beach in the winter.

Tuesday, I spent at my internship and school while Gary ran Jena to Zone conference in South Ogden.  It turned out that they divided their mission on Tuesday and Jena is now part of the Farmington UT Young Church Service Mission with a new mission leader.  Then he took her to Institute that evening.

Wednesday and Thursday I spent at the NOJOs Conference.  Even after two days of classes, I don't actually know that the letters stand for.  However the conference was focused on prevention and treatment of sex abuse victims and juvenile offenders.  Some of it was very interesting and even a bit entertaining and some was just very hard and sad.  The world can be a very hard and difficult places for many people.

Gary was taxi man again, running Jena to the DI and Ben to an appointment and then later he was off for dinner and bowling with Allan.  I rushed back from Salt Lake to run Jena to Wonderwood for her reading and math class.

And Wednesday I was asked if I could do a presentation for an upcoming Relief Society Meeting. The theme is "Rejuvenate--mind, body and soul".  I am doing the "Mind" class.  Any one who has any ideas, please send them my way!


Thursday Jena was off to school and then work.  I had the conference and then back to DCFS to help with a supervised visit then finally to the grocery store for some long needed groceries before heading home.  I was able to get some homework done before we all headed to bed.

Thursday we had a new arrival to the Giberson family--Jarom and Starla Ipson had a new baby girl named "Dottie" for her two great-grandma's Dorothy and Donna.  Here she is with big sister, Evanie. Jarom is my sister Valerie's oldest son.

Friday--I did a little bit of housework and school before Gary and I headed to drop stuff off in Bountiful for UDSF and then to get Jena for Snowbasin Adaptive Ski Race Day.  Again the weather was perfect.  Gary and I had the timing and finish line duties.

Number 5 is ready to go!

On the way up on the ski lift with Suzy

The view down the hill from the finishing line.
Since we don't ski, we don't see this view very often.

Jena coming down the "bushes" course.
Jena got a second place medal in the rollers and a first place medal for the bushes course.  This picture was the cutest.
A mom made these balloon skiers for all of the skiers.  Isn't that so cute and sweet!  One of the most involved balloon figures I have ever seen.
On the way home we had to drop off Jena's skis to be "tuned". And on our way home, we got to go under the train tracks with a train crossing.  Gary and I are geeks about trains.  We love to watch them.


I am not a big fan of the snow, but it does make
for a pretty backdrop in photos.
Friday night we watched BYU Men's Volleyball (they are VERY good and currently ranked 2nd in the nation.)  They have not lost a set in 34 days.

Saturday is now housecleaning day for me while Jena and Gary head to the bowling alley for Special Olympic bowling.  The afternoon was spent doing homework, preparing for Cub committee meeting today, and running errands........

including taking Jena swimming with her friend, Kaitlyn.  They had fun as usual when they are together.


Rushed home to watch the BYU Men's basketball game (loss to Gonzaga :(  ) and right after it the Men's Volleyball game (won in three straight again ;)---they now haven't lost even a set in 35 days!) Amazing run!  That was four hours of TV sports but I am glad to have married a BYU fan as well (even though he likes to tease me about being a fan.)  We had popcorn and counting it as our date night.

And that is a wrap!  The week of February 21-27th is "in the books".  Hope your week was awesome, too.

No comments: