Sunday, February 14, 2016

Mid-February ALREADY???

And 2016 is rushing along......
Jena is back on the ski slopes.  She is the one in the orange pants.  This past week, she went down on Becker which is a much larger hill and more difficult.  They took a couple of breaks but she did great. Terrie told me that when they took breaks they would sing songs from musicals.  They must have hit a wide range as Jena was singing songs from all types of musicals all the way home.  Unfortunately I don't know the words like Terrie and Jena do.

We were able to slip in a visit with Scarlett this week while Scott and Chantel grabbed a lobster and steak dinner for Valentine's day a few days early.  Scarlett wanted me to play with her in our little toy room under the basement stairs so that is what we did.  Ben joined us for a couple of minutes and took this pictures of us.  Suffice it to say, that it is much easier for Scarlett to stand up and sit down than it was for me.  However I loved it.  I love playing with toys and being silly and I also love just watching kids engage in their toys.  I am so glad to have grandchildren so I get to enjoy this part of life again.


And "simplifying" aside, I am so glad that I have saved so many of the toys the kids had over the years.  I love playing with them again.

Side note:  One of my friend's adult sons has taken her big box of legos and is trying to put them back into sets like they came in.  I can't imagine that as I look at our huge box of legos.  Hopefully our grandchildren are free-lance builders like Scott and Ben and don't want instructions on how to build something great.

Friday night, we had one of those nights with four possible activities.  I headed to Salt Lake for the Annual UDSF Volunteer Meeting and Dinner without Gary as he and Jena headed to the CenterPointe Theater for an evening dinner and program for all volunteers.  Jena missed two possible dances one in Ogden and one in Layton.  Can't do everything at once.

Another fun thing from this week is that my 2015 blog books have arrived.  Yes, 'books'.  When I was constructing the book, it turned out that I had over 1069 pictures within the blog for last year. The limit for one book is 1000.  So I divided it in half and made two books.  This is the first time that has happened since I started making the blog books in 2010.  Sorry you all had to scroll through so many pictures, but for Jena and I, we loved it this week as we remembered the many great things we did this past year.


Excited to see what 2016 has in store for us.  I am sure it will have adventure, good times and bad, times we laugh and times we cry.  There will be times we work hard and others where we play. There will be sickness and pain---but joy and health as well.  It will be life--and we are so lucky to be sharing it with each other.

No comments: