Sunday, February 14, 2016

Simplifying Round 4 and 5--I think

This is one of the reasons that it is time to "simplify" and "spring clean" or whatever else you might call it at your house.  Yesterday I took about 15 minutes to clean out our hall closet.  This is also where we store our vacuum hose for our in-home vacuum  system. We keep the long hose in a tall laundry basket.  However I found two of these wire "holders" which can be mounted on the wall to hold the hose.  That doesn't work in our closet but apparently I was saving two of them for a rainy day!  I also found two complete sets of attachments (for the two times we have replaced the hose and vacuum head) which have never been used.  Why do I keep things like that?

Hopefully in my "new" mindset, I will be keeping only the things which we use or bring us joy in some way and won't have to do such a major overhaul again.  Is that true, my friends who are good at this type of thing?.


The shelf below became available after I did a purge of our books so I moved it into the Craft/Exercise/Family History room in our basement and started sorting some of the projects I have planned in there.  Simplifying all of the totes of pictures and stuff that I have collected to "organize" and share with my family and our extended families will probably be a task for the remainder of my life.

So far I am liking the effects of simplifying--next up (after I finish two papers for school) are the master closet and the laundry room.

No comments: