Thursday, March 24, 2016

March Madness

Well, my printing is acting crazy and won't allow me to do the printing and copies I need for a school project and Gary is busy so he can't fix it for me, so instead of doing homework (even reading which wouldn't require a printer), or cleaning house or any of the other things I could do, I decided to try to catch up my blog.  Good thing---I hadn't realized that I was a whole month behind.  With April looming with the end of my semester and TWO trips out of town, I better start catching up before I get even more behind.

Let's see---March madness is a good title--both because we love basketball around here and enjoy the NCAA (and this year the NIT since BYU didn't make it into the "Big dance" but is doing great in the NIT--on to the Final Four in that tournament.) and because life has been busy and fun.

For the recap:

Liam came for an evening.  He seemed to love having new toys to play with.  His favorite was this old toy that was first Tosha's--"an oldie but goodie!"

Jena had her last day of skiing with Terrie for the year on March 7th.  They have a great time together.  They went down Becker which is a big run for Jena.  They told me when they got done that they sang songs from old musicals when they took rest breaks.  Jena was singing songs most of the way home--Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.  I don't know the words as well as she and Terrie do.
Jena took this picture on the way down from Snowbasin.  Even in the thawing early spring, it is beautiful.

Jena made us dinner that week.  Tator tot casserole which I don't think I have made since all five kids lived at home.  (My cooking has really declined as kids have moved out of the house and it wasn't really that great before then.)  Jena is interested in cooking, fortunately, so when she brought this recipe home from school we decided to let her be in charge.  We loved it and hope to have her cook it for us again.


Saturday morning was another fun grandmother day as I got to hang out with Scarlett.  She was still sleeping when Scott and Chantel needed to leave so I went over to their house and did homework until she woke up.  She was very happy to see me which made it fun for me.  We did the morning stuff and then headed to THE RUSH where Jena was bowling in a tournament.  We picked up Grandma Hall on the way and spent about 30 minutes there.
Scarlett was very excited to see her Grandpa and her Aunt Jena at the bowling alley.  Jena was happy too and made three strikes in a roll while we were watching.  She ended up getting a 140 in that game and it was enough to put her in first place in her group.
Then we headed home without Grandpa and Jena since they helped work the afternoon tournament. That was okay with Scarlett because waiting at home was her Uncle Ben.  He walked by and she told him "Sit" so he did and they had a little conversation together.  I love Ben's smile in this picture.

And the big news is that she is now calling me "Gra-ma".  Fun times being a grandparent!

And that got us through the first half of the month---well, those things and school, internship, Jena's mission days and all of her activities, Gary and Scout Advancement stuff, Ben, warm weather and snow......................

No comments: