Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Tuesday before Christmas.....

and all through the house, I wasn't really home.  It turned out to be a funny type of day right before Christmas when I was busy doing some un Christmas things which were fun.

First Jena and I met her friend, Kaitlyn and her mom Debbie for our annual Christmas breakfast.  (Okay, it was a Christmas activity to start the day.) This year they picked McDonalds.  Okay??  It was fun as we talked and they enjoyed being together.
Kaitlyn and Jena doing cheers
(this was a re-enactment of their original cheers)
I got home just about in time to meet Chera (Mann--my niece) to take her to lunch with Jan Pendley who is an administrator at Davis Behavioral Health.  Chera is also studying social work but doing an entirely online program out of Pennsylvania.  I thought it might be useful as she begins looking for her next internship to talk to some people in the field.  We had a great time talking about social work.

Got home just in time to meet up with Tosha, Austen, and Niki who came by to go with me to visit Elaine Woolley.  Elaine is a single sister whom I visiting teach.  She lived for 25 years in England and she and her ex husband worked for McClaren  (not sure of spelling) Formula One Race Car team.  She actually knew Niki Lauder who is the driver whom Austen and Tosha named their Niki after.  We had the fun visit as Elaine shared her scrapbook with old photos of all of these famous racers with us.  Austen knew so many of them from his love of Formula One and racing.  I loved watching the two of them "talk racing".  Even Tosha is picking up on the history and vocabulary of the sport. In general, I love listening to people talk about a subject that they are passionate about.  People are so interesting and I am fascinated about the things people get passionate about.  Fun time.

We left there and headed straight to the bowling alley to get in a game of bowling with Gary, Allan, and Jena prior to them heading off to a family birthday party in Austen's family.  Austen likes to bowl so that was fine.

Niki's first visit to a bowling alley.
He did great.
They headed off, I left to go grocery shopping and Gary, Allan, and Jena bowled a few more games and had dinner together before heading home.

That was a fun day.  Actually talking to people is probably one of my favorite things so this type of day is awesome.

No comments: