Sunday, January 18, 2015

Jena the waitress

On Monday Dec. 27th, I took Jena over to the Texas Roadhouse Restaurant to get her "training" to be a server for lunch as part of a fundraiser for Gigi's Playhouse (which is an awesome program which is designed to give free services for kids and adults with Down syndrome including speech and other therapies, reading and math instruction, social skills training, etc.  Eventually they will have evening social events for adults with DS.)  A group of moms is starting one nearby in Layton.  We are so excited.  I would be more involved if I have a few hundred more hours each week, but this was a small way we could support them.

Gary and our neighbor Marge joined me to be customers and look who was our cute waiter:

Jena taking our order for drinks
Part of the fun was the cute helpers-
Kaitlyn, Claron Aldrege, and Jena
Jena had fun but I don't think she wants to switch to waiting tables.



No comments: