Sunday, January 25, 2015

Jena and BYU Theatre Camp

After two weeks of productions, Jena's production class was able to head off for a three day and two night theatre camp at BYU.  They stayed in an hotel and went to classes and attended two productions while they were there.  I missed her more than usual but I think it was because it wasn't summer time when she is often gone with camps, etc.  She checked in at nights but other than that we didn't hear from her.  She got home yesterday, happy and excited about everything they did.  Certainly one of the highlights of her life is being a part of a typical teenager experience.  For us (even though we missed her and I would have tiny moments of "what if she gets lost at BYU"), those opportunities are priceless. After all, she is a teenager and what does "typical" mean anyway?
And the new t-shirt
#theatre
While waiting to pick Jena up after the trip, this was the view from the Clearfield High School parking lot--


I spent the morning organizing my pictures from last year into better categories and I noticed that I do take several pictures of sunsets, rainbows, and clouds.  And perhaps they each seem the same to those who read the blog--However  to me the beauty of the moment has struck me and that is what I am recording.  It is my way to say "thank you" to the creator of all of those things.  Enjoy your own sunset tonight!

No comments: