Sunday, January 25, 2015

The changing of the bedspread...

Jessica is already laughing because she knows what is coming even though she hasn't seen it in person yet.  I like to change my bedspread often.  I love the way that it changes the look of the room in one small moment.  I have one that I use during Christmas time, another in the fall and spring although I may or may not change through them each year.  In my defense, I don't buy expensive bedspreads--usually from Wal-Mart or Target and often on sale.  It was time to make a change and here is the new look.  (Even Gary said he liked it.)


Judge me if you will, but I like it and change is fun.  Now everything else you see in the picture--the lamp, the headboard, the art work--those I have had for 10-25 years and likely will keep them until I die.  The picture is the first piece of art that I bought in Stanley for Father's Day in 1987 just a couple of weeks after we moved there.  I love the junks on the harbor of Hong Kong and I can't imagine having any other picture hanging over our bed.  It really is only bedspreads that I like to change.

1 comment:

Gemie said...

I love it!!! I need to change the bedspread in our MB. I probably need to change the drapes because I can't find a bed spread that matches.