Sunday, February 2, 2014

What a day!!!

It has actually been a very busy month with lots of things going on--in many different areas of my life.  and this week has been no exception.  In fact it all seems to just accelerate as deadlines (some set by me and some by others) all seemed to end on this week.

For the UDSF, we were preparing to launch the web site and preparing for an audit in the Dept. of Commerce (which is tomorrow) which has required a huge amount of time to retrieve the appropriate paperwork for the past three years.  Also last Monday I noticed that Utah State University was still indicating that they hadn't received some of my paperwork.  That was stressful as that included my packet of information with my 5 page essay, application, resume and  letters of recommendations.  All could be replaced, of course, but I didn't feel I had time to do that again.  Plus I had worked hard to get it there before the first deadline. So that started a week of emails and phone calls as we both worked to figure it out.  I also had to work on our ward yearly emergency prep. goal program and the list can go on.

AND THEN CAME FRIDAY----

Early in the morning, I got an email from Utah State saying that everything was fine and put in the right spot.  Checked off---

Another email indicated that a former treasurer of UDSF had found some missing documents which saved me a lot of work and the foundation about $400 to get duplicates from the bank.  Another item checked off.

Later after some final last touches of the web site---it went live!!!  Yeah, Yeah!!! It has been a frustrating project which has been long in coming.  Check it out at:  www.udsf.org.  If you ever know someone who has a baby with Down syndrome have them check it out.  There is great information no matter where you live.

Two of the new volunteers who I had trained on Thursday reported some work that they had already started working on---and they thanked me for the opportunity to volunteer!  Nice--two more worries off my plate with their awesome help.

BUT the very best thing of all came through a text from Austen and Tosha:  It came with no words just a couple of little orange notes.  When I clicked on it, we heard Austen checking out the sound and then a sweet little heartbeat in the background for the next 20 seconds and then the sound of Austen and Tosha laughing.  Yes, #2 grandchild is on their way.  Due date in August 12 which is a hot time to be born in Oklahoma.  How fun for there to be two coming so close together.  Exciting times for us. 

Chantel and Tosha are both doing well.  Tosha hasn't felt great for the past month or so as she has had a cold on top of pregnancy stuff.  She is looking forward to feeling better as she is getting past the first trimester.  Chantel is out of that early morning sickness and has been busy cleaning out her closets and the garage.  She has started to stencil a elegant stencil on the wall in the baby's room.  I feel so blessed that these two sweet women are so excited to be moms (and they have great husbands who are thrilled as well).  They are willing to take that big step into the unknown to bring children into this world despite the sickness and the physical demands of pregnancy.  I also am so grateful that they were able to get pregnant and that so far things are going well.  A tender mercy which I am so thankful for.

I sent the afternoon at Snowbasin watching Jena skiing, reading a book and drinking hot chocolate..  She had two ski days this week as we can't do it at all this coming week.



Coming down the hill
Jena took this picture on the way up
to Snowbasin
It was a GREAT DAY! Even though Saturday was going to be about 11 hours of stuff for UDSF mostly paperwork related stuff, I went to bed on Friday so hopeful and upbeat.

Thanks!  I needed that. 
Flowers in one of the jars from Tosha's wedding.
These baby breaths have lasted from the wedding
and some from a Christmas decoration.



2 comments:

Robynn said...

Congratulations on surviving your week and an even BIGGER CONGRATS on another Grandbaby on the way! What WONDERFUL News. Thanks for sharing. I LOVE your Sweet Tosha! SLY Rob

Judy said...

That grandbaby might be our closest "almost" Texas grandchild which might be better than an "OK" grandbaby...however I predict she will be the cute grandbaby ever born there! We are excited and happy that they will have cousins the same age. Since Chantel and Austen are both the oldest and only married of their siblings--these grandchildren will be the only cousins for a while for each other.