Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Storage Room

One of the great things about our house is our storage room, but it is amazing to me how quickly it can become a mess.  Of course, it makes sense in the busyness of our lives that food gets randomly stacked here and there and the holiday totes are never completely put back the way that they should and the fact that the storage room is a great place to put things you don't know where to put---it all adds up to messes and piles.  A few weeks ago I took almost everything out of the storage room to clean it and reorganize it especially the food section. That day I got the food back in along with many of the other items.
 


 
However I hadn't yet taken down my Christmas decorations (faithful readers of this blog will recall that it was mid-January before I did that.)  Anyway, I was determine to sort through our Christmas and fall holiday totes and keep only the things which we use year to year.  So since mid-January I have had piles of storage room stuff in our basement game room.  Finally yesterday I completed that task and got the rest of the storage room "moved back in".  Yea.
While sitting on the floor in our game room, I notice this snowflake under our bench near the pool table.
It was left over from our Christmas party---in 2012!  I promise that I have swept the tile there a few times since 2012.  I have even noticed this little snowflake before but apparently I didn't stop to ever pick it up.  It reminded me of a fun time.  However it is now thrown away with other things I don't need.  But its picture is here for posterity.

No comments: