Sunday, February 16, 2014

The cleaning continues.....

When I finished the storage room, I headed into my "office, exercise, sewing, family history" room and started cleaning and reorganizing those totes which contains the hundreds if not thousands of pictures from the past.  I was looking for pictures of the Hall cousins for a project Gary and I are doing for our upcoming "Hall Cousins Gathering".  However I decided I might as well do a major sort and purge.

I had an unexpected find in the process.  I found the picture of Scott with his birth mom at the age of about 6 weeks.  I was so excited.  This picture has been missing for years.  We had put it on a timeline for Scott in third grade in Texas and he had thrown the timeline away at school since he didn't want to carry it home.  (Such a boy thing to do) It was the only one we had and also included a small note from his birth mom in Spanish on the back of it.  I was so sad and retold that story many times over the years to adoptive parents telling them to make copies of these special photos and documents.  I couldn't believe it when I found it yesterday stuck in some other pictures.  I must have made a copy for that timeline all those years ago.  I don't know how it could be that I didn't know we still had it.  But if we were going to find it what a great time--when that little baby is now waiting for his first little baby to come!  A little sweet mercy.  I texted the news to both Chantel and Scott and sent a picture of the picture to Scott who was at work.
This was taken in Miami where Scott was born.
This is one of the first blessings from the RootsTech--I was seeking those pictures of the Hall cousins because of some of the things I thought about during the conference, and I found that picture for Scott.  How awesome is that!

No comments: