Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thanksgiving morning Gift

We don't think of Thanksgiving as a time of getting gifts but we got an amazing one this Thanksgiving.  Dinner was scheduled at Grandma Hall's for 2:00.  However around 11ish in the morning I got a call from Scott saying that they wanted to stop by since "they were just driving nearby and wanted to stop in."  Of course, they are welcome anytime, although Gary and Jena were gone somewhere when they first arrived.  They just talked for awhile until Gary and Jena got home. 

Then Chantel went and got something for us.  She started by saying that she had been working on some crafts and she made us something:

And she handed me the "cupcake"  (that is what I called it although Chantel and Scott had not seen that until I called it that.)


After we admired it for a bit, they encouraged us to open it up.  Then I knew even before I opened it up and now all of you will know as you read it. 
Our own little egg to represent our first little grandchild! 
 
 
 YES---WE ARE GOING TO BE GRANDPARENTS! and we are excited about it.  (although I have to admit I have also been worried about things--how Chantel will feel, what about miscarriages, what about ....what about...etc.  More than I was when I was pregnant with Jessica.  I think it is because I am older and have seen more.  Also it is overwhelming to know how much I am going to love this little one.  As a mom and now as an expectant grandma, I have had that experience with my five children and now with our in-laws.  Love comes so strongly for your family members as they come into the family.  All of that will be multiplied by this and additional grandchildren who will then bring in new in-laws and then great-grandchildren.  And it continues and grows forever.
Aren't we so lucky that our Heavenly Father allows us these grand adventures!)
 
And for the record, Jena is going to be an aunt!!!

Thanksgiving at Grandma Hall's
It was a fun Thanksgiving to share with the extended Hall family where Grandma Hall got to "reopen" the egg and share the news with the Halls who were there. 

After eating dinner at Chantel's grandmother's, they spent some time
with us at Grandma Hall's when they shared their news.
Then they cuddled up on a chair and fell asleep.
Not the best picture, but it was just a sweet moment to gaze at them
and think of the big change in their lives that is happening.
 
I also got permission to share the news with my sister Valerie when we went to AZ the next day.  However Grandpa Giberson and the rest of the Gibersons are getting the news later on.  Chantel and Scott are sharing the news with her family with their own little "egg" on Christmas Eve when they all gather together with her grandparents in Florida.  Two more days for them! Then there will be an official Facebook announcements to the world.  Exciting times for all of us.

No comments: