Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Fun

This is my brother-in-law, Allan, standing by his Christmas countdown calendar in his room at Chancellor Gardens.  He is settling in okay although of course he misses his wife and everything that has changed since he death.  He loves going places with us.  This day we were heading to lunch with some of the other Halls.  I think bowling with Gary is still the highlight of his life.


Now to be out shopping when you have learned that you will be grandmother next year is a very big temptation.  There are so many cute clothes, toys and books to buy for grandchildren.  I did hold back-- only buying a couple of these bibs (I am planning on other grandchildren).  Chantel is getting one for Christmas. 

Gary has been busy with five different bowling leagues--bowling on two and doing all of the paperwork for the others.  Jena is still bowling on Saturdays and working on Mondays.

I went to "Forgotten Carols" with three of my friends on December 12.  It was so fun that we decided that we were going to pick a concert each Christmas and get a group of women to go, especially those who have husbands who don't enjoy things like that.)  I had wanted to go for a number of years but never could work it out, so I just bought the tickets on an impulse and then found people to go.

We had a Adult Ward party (combination with the Relief Society party) that was very sweet.  Great food which was catered and a nice program.  I signed up to decorate a table on the event.  I usually avoid that type of stuff since I am not great at that type of thing.  However I decided to copy Tosha's centerpiece idea with our strength--games (I posted about it on the next post.).  I was happy with it and our table had no trouble talking with each other as we were focused on the game.

We gathered on Dec. 16th to attend a Voice Male concert in Salt Lake.  We had invited David and Dawn Dodson (David is Karla's son) and their three daughters in addition to Grandpa Giberson, Karla, Scott and Chantel, Grandma Hall, Jena, Gary and I.  Jessica and Elessia missed dinner but join us at the concert.  We started with dinner at the Olive Garden and that is when Scott and Chantel surprised all of us with an ultrasound of the newest little Hall.    They had originally scheduled their appointment on the 18th but they had had to change it and we didn't know.  It was very fun to be surprised again by this grandchild....who is now officially a "peanut".  Due date is officially July 24th.  And the concert was fun, as usual. 

Yesterday, we went with Gary's mom and his sisters and their husbands and went and saw "White Christmas" at the Centerpoint Theatre.  This was the first time we have been to a show there and it was great.  This is where Jena is taking her theatre class.  They will be performing on this stage next month in "Rouge of the Railway".  It has a sweet message for Christmastime and since it has been snowing for the past three days it was perfect.

Today (Sunday) I should be doing my Christmas letters but wanted to try to catch up on this blog.  After all, I want you to get a chance to hear about our grandchild without reading about it first in our Christmas letter.

Tomorrow Jena and I will be going to see "White Christmas" with her friend and her mom. Then we will be caroling in the evening.  Then it is Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  It will be quiet for us with Scott and Chantel are going to Florida with her family; Jessica and Elessia have to work on Christmas Day and Tosha and Austen will be in Oklahoma City.  But we have fun things planned and we will talk to everyone at some point during the day.

We hope this week is great for you and your family as well.

No comments: