Sunday, September 1, 2013

UDSF Stuff

On the morning of Saturday, the 17th, I hosted my first Newborn Breakfast for the foundation. We had a panel of parents with kids of different ages speak and also time to chat with friends and meet new people.  It was amazing to be in a room with 30 people and probably 22 children 24 months and younger with Down syndrome.  As one of my friends who served on the panel said, "You just wanted to grab them and take them all home."  It was a very sweet meeting as we talked about the ups and downs of starting this life experience.

Then Monday, another UDFS event---the annual Lagoon Day!

They helped me set up and then off they went to Lagoon.
I sat for five hours and passed out the discount tickets
to people involved with UDSF.  It was so nice to meet so many people
who we have this unique connection with.
In between times I read a book and got one done sitting in the shade.
It was a great day!

Jena and Gary having fun.

Waiting in line....log flume ride.

Cleaning up after our dinner get-together

Mountains---for my Texas family and friends.

I had time for fun with Jena and Dad.
 For the first time, I think Jena really enjoyed Rattlesnake Rapids--a raft-water ride which is my favorite ride.  I could ride it all day long.  She laughed and even said she liked it afterwards and acted like she meant it.  Yeah!

The following day, we headed down to Wheeler Farm for a quick visit and to meet up with some young moms with their children with Down syndrome.  We went early so we could walk through the farm as we had to head up to Primary's for an appointment.  We met a few new people and had a great visit at the farm.  It has been years since we had been there.


Just so that it can be noted that I don't always screen out all
pictures of me when I do the blog.  Jena took this one at
the turkey pen.

No comments: