Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Up-date

Position

Lean...

In the water!
Jena is learning to dive as part of her swimming with Special Olympics--not great pictures because of the light but fun. Jena continues to work at the bowling alley and next week starts a theatre class at a local community theatre.  She is excited.

Jessica just got home from a vacation to Virginia with Elessia.  They had a great trip.  One highlight was climbing 193 stairs to the top of one of the oldest lighthouses in the United States.  Scott and Chantel also had a trip to Island Park in Idaho and enjoyed a great trip with friends, being in the great outdoors.

Ben has started working as a janitor at Davis Behavioral Health about 16 hours a week which is great.

Tosha is still living at home and in the middle of changes of all kinds, one concerning an cute airman stationed in Oklahoma--more details coming up.

Gary was officially released from Webelos this month.  It has been a long time since one of us was not in Scouts.  We were sad to miss the annual August Pack Meeting which involves water most years and this year was no different--they shared a big blow up water slide with another ward and had a great time without us.  I miss those sweet boys dropping by each week.

During our monthly Family History day my dad gave me a very sweet Father's blessing.  In May, I had read in the President Snow lesson manual how he had a special birthday celebration and during it he gave father's blessings to his family.  I knew immediately that I wanted to have that experience with my Dad during his upcoming 80th birthday.  I mentioned it to some of my siblings as well and they also had that experience.  However we were so busy that I never actually had a quiet time with my dad during his birthday celebration in June, so we picked last week.  It was awesome and very personal for me.  We are so lucky to have the priesthood in our lives and I am grateful for a sweet father who could give me this blessing at this time in my life.  I was very sad that Gary wasn't there.

And that is a wrap for the month.

No comments: