Sunday, September 1, 2013

Life......

 Friday, I spent time with a couple of friends--1 on 1.  We all have kids who are young adults and share some of the similar feelings as we struggle to know what is best as we deal with many of the challenges of parenting and life.  It was so reassuring to know that we are not alone.  We all can feel the power of faith in our lives and giving us peace and reassurance that we are fine and in a good place.  I left my 2nd friend's home feeling so peaceful and calm....

Got home and went downstairs to check my email (with the UDSF I get lots of emails all day long during the week), to find this

and a large puddle of water forming on the carpet below.  Something had happened during the wash cycle in the laundry room above and it overflowed to the game room and toy closet below.

Which led to this.......
 And this!
Yes, I have a toy closet and yes, I want grandchildren,
and yes, I can wait until the right time for my children.
I just loved kids' toys and saved some of my favorites
in our toy closet.  Someday, it will be a favorite spot for
our grandkids.
And to top it off, I sprayed some de-mold spray on the cement and carpet to prevent mold.  Unfortunately, in reading a variety of labels at the store, I thought I had the right one and I have bleached streaks in the carpet. Yeah, well-done, Judy!

Like I said, LIFE.

It keeps happening!!??!  Like Elder Joseph Wirthlin said, "Come what may and love it."  Not really loving a messy game room and drying carpet, but the washer did loads on Saturday with no problem so we think it was just a freak thing which doesn't mean something is broken.  I love that!

1 comment:

The Neerings Family said...

Bummer about the carpet & toy closet! hope things got all fixed. But yes, grandchildren will LOVE that toy cloest...as nieces/nephews and Great nieces/nephews can attest to!