Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cherry Hills Water Park


 
Then came Thursday.......Jena and I spent the morning at the Utah Open, watching Hole 15 for a hole-in-one.  We sat with another mom with her adult daughter with Down syndrome and had a nice day in the shade.  We visited and sometimes just read the books we brought.  We greeted the golfers as they came to the hole.  No hole-in-ones while we were there.
 
Then we picked up some pizza and picked up Jena's friend, Kaitlyn and headed to Cherry Hills which is a water park.  There are a couple of swimming pools, a lazy river and some water slides.  Jena is not a fan of waterslides but Kaitlyn loves this one, so Jena went on it a couple of times with her.  Kaitlyn was willing to go by herself but Jena wanted to go with her.  Here are pictures from their second run.
 
 


Kaitlyn

Lazy River pose!

Heading home.
I swam and floated on the lazy river, but mostly I read a book and tried to not let them see me checking on them.  They are teenagers after all.  It was Kaitlyn's 18th birthday. 

I have gotten a lot of reading done on these activities which is nice because life has been very busy so I was always looking for excuses to read.  I have been reading "Jack Reacher" novels by Lee Child which is my "junk" reading.  Not that they are junk--just that they are books I read for enjoyment not for other grander reasons.  I did complete the book for our Grandma's book club Facebook Group:  "The Longest Walk".  It is a true story about 6 people who escaped from a Siberian prison camp in 1939 and walked to India to freedom.  It was great and I highly recommend it. 

No comments: