Sunday, November 11, 2012

The ending of Fall

In between the busyness of October, Gary and Scott fit in constructing our new swing set.  Since our old one had died, I have been wanting to replace it with a good swing that would be tall enough for adults (that would be me) to enjoying swinging on it.  After years of searching, I found what I wanted...then I waited another year to make sure I wanted to spend that much on a swing set.  But here it is, complete and ready for use.

When the Webelos headed to the back yard to practice their skits around the camp fire (to put them in the mood Gary said---I know the truth-- any reason to build a fire is good enough for Scouts and their leaders!), one of the Scouts said, "Look what grew in the Hall's sandbox".  Unfortunately for Gary and Scott it didn't just grow on its own.  It required a small cement mixer and several yards of cement to fill the holes that Scott dug for support.  We appreciated Scott's willingness to help with this project.

Then maiden "swing" trip!!!!

 After Jena had a chance to take the first swing, I joined her and we swung back and forth for several minutes to try to swing next to each other so Gary could get the picture he wanted.  I love to swing.  I learned that from my mom who also loved to swing.

By the time we were finally swing "together", Jena and I were laughing so hard it was hard to keep swinging.

After that, each night for several nights in a row, we would see the backyard lights on and there would be Jena swinging back and forth in her pajamas with the biggest smile on her face.  That has stopped for the moment since Saturday we woke up to this......


View out of our front window where the heaviness of the snow
weighed down the bushes.
Winter looks like it is really here.  I didn't get all of my yard work completed for the fall and I have some bulbs I still want to plant so I hope I get one more window of opportunity to do that.  If not, there is always next year.  :)

No comments: