Sunday, November 4, 2012

A camel and Snow Canyon

Saturday was another great weather day.  After a slow quiet morning, we headed west of St. George back to Tuachan for their Saturday Flea Market.  I am not much for flea markets but we did get Gary a nice hat.  The reason we went was so that Jena could ride on the camel which was used in Aladdin.  I don't think this was really Jena's idea of fun, but I have a favorite picture of the older four kids sitting on a camel at the Ft. Worth zoo and I thought it would be fun to have a camel picture with Jena.  Gary voted that he was the camera man for this adventure so I got a ride as well.  Now have ridden on both a camel and an elephant, I would choose an elephant. 

That's Gary's new hat on my head

 

Entering Snow Canyon State Park
This is a very fun place with some very interesting scenes and hikes.
Sand dunes

Rock Climbing-
this is not one of us by the way.

Heading up the trail to the Petrified Sandy Dunes!!

The top---at least for as far as we went--
these dunes covered a lot of ground and
you could hike on them
for a long time.

What they looked liked under our feet.

View from the top.
I would definitely go again to Snow Canyon.  There were lots of trails to take and things to do.  The sand dunes were fun.  Just a few inches under the surface the sand gets wet and it molds just like the sand at the beach.  Families made huge sand castles on the hills.  It is strictly a walking sand dune...no motorized vehicles allowed.

And actually, we are planning to go again next year over UEA weekend.  Tuachan is doing "Mary Poppins" and "Camelot" two of my favorite plays.  Make a plan to join us.

No comments: