Sunday, November 11, 2012

Girls like to swing, boys like to....

climb trees (and houses) and use power equipment.  At least Gary and Scott do.  They started a small tree trimming project to help a neighbor and it grew into a major tree chopping project lasting a number of days and involving several others in the effort.


Yes, that is Scott on the roof to trim a branch
so that it won't hurt the house when they cut it
down.  It was amazing to watch and listen to
Gary and Scott as they discussed how to
cut each limb safely.  I couldn't watch very much
as it made me nervous for both of them.
The neighbors all think they are both awesome...
of course I already knew that.
A view of the tree after a few days of trimming
This tree was actually planted by Gary's youngest sister
when they owned the house, so he has been blaming her
about it's uncontrolled growth.
Although I didn't watch much, I loved the yummy cookies that we got as a result of the project.  I learned to love to swing from my mom (and many other things) and Gary learned to cut trees and help those around him.  That whole circle of life thing....................

No comments: