Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wintery Sunday

Although our Sunday started off sunny and clear, we now have a blanket of snow all over the ground.  For once, they predicted the weather correctly.  This afternoon before the snow fell we had a 5 minute hail storm.  They were very tiny pellets and I went out and caught some in a cup to show Jena.  Jena thought I was funny, dancing in the hail.  It was nothing like the Texas hailstorms we have seen.  I remember once in Plano when we had hail that looked like ice coming from our ice machine.  It only last a minute or two but that was an amazing storm.

Jena is hanging in there.  She is getting tired of the whole thing, but she tries not to complain.  Her mouth is getting sore where the posts and wires rub her cheeks.  She is also getting tired of the limited food choices.  She asked for ramen noodles tonight so we broke them into tiny pieces before we cooked them and she ate two bowlfuls.  I think she might be eating noodles alot for the next month.

Our neighbors and friends have been so nice to us and brought us dinner for the past three days.  It is so sweet of them.  Gary and I still find ourselves tired.  That hospital stuff is not very restful.

One thing that I accomplished yesterday was buying and putting together two small bookcases for our "guest room".  I also cleared off and moved another bookcase into our new "work room".  I have already started the process of rearranging books so now I can find them when I want them and no books are piled behind others.  I am happy to report that now I have empty spaces on my bookshelves which is great news.....more books!!!!  Just in time for Christmas..............hint to my family.

We had a special Stake Conference today, although I stayed home with Jena.  For one reason, it was actually our third Stake Conference of the year.  And second, Elder Boyd K. Packer and his son came and spoke along with members of our Stake Presidency.  Apparently, they had done some regional leadership training on Saturday and had picked our Stake to attend on Sunday.  It was held at our Stake Center and videoed to the other buildings.  Gary was asked to help with our building tech support.  In fact they used my computer for part of the meeting.  Gary said that it was a great meeting talking about the priesthood power and our homes.....he was busy with computer problems during most of the meeting..for awhile they listened to the sound from a cell phone at the mic in the Stake center to another cell phone in our building also at the mic.  At least for the last 45 minutes of the meeting, everything went smoothly so Elder Packer's talk was uninterrupted.

Jessica is very busy with work, finishing up required items and screenings for the first 90 days of Head Start year.  Scott is busy with school, finishing up with the semester that ends in two weeks.  Ben is busy, finishing up a cold.  He did run a small fever for a half of a day, but it didn't return so we think he didn't have the flu.  Tosha is busy, looking for a second job but also being bored from time to time.  Jena isn't so busy, but she is recovering and that is a big job.  Gary is busy with work, although he was able to work from the hospital so he didn't get too far behind.  I feel somewhat less busy, because I am off of work for another week  (I know I usually only work 2 days a week, but it does cut into my time and my plans.)   

And in the words of a famous rabbit......"And, that's all, folks."     Have a great week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that was a PIG! Well here I am trying to leave a comment again. We shall see.

Todd said...

Jena,

The Giberson cousins down here in Buda, Texas are hoping you stay comfortable and soon back to full strength!

Love, Uncle Todd

The Neerings Family said...

Thanks for the updates! We are continuing to think of Jena as she recovers!