Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Good Morning Tuesday!

Jena slept the night with no oxygen or pressured air and her oxygen levels stayed fine most of the night. Hard to believe but the doctor resident who came this morning said it is possible that they made enough of a change in the back of her nose/mouth that she is able to breathe better even being swollen. We were told not to expect any changes for a couple of mouths or even more. That could be good news. Another piece of good news was we had a fiesty nurse who convinced the resident doctor to change her pain medication. She was not doing well with the Lortab--the liquid form tastes terrible and requires so much liquid that most of it did not get in and swallowed. She never does well with Tylenol of any type which is a part of Lortab. Now she is on oxycedone and is responding much better. We enjoyed visits from her cousins, Nikki and Kystal, and their parents, Uncle Gary and Aunt Vonette. We had to go out to the waiting room because kids under the age of 14 are not allowed back in patient rooms due to H1N1 restrictions. She is getting a bit bored with this place, but we are moving toward going home. They took her off IV fluids this morning to see if she can manage to keep hyderated during the day. She enjoyed an orange cream slurrpee for breakfast...some of it anyway. We are still waiting for the "turning" of the appliance. It didn't happen yesterday, but it should start today. Several people mentioned that they couldn't leave comments. I think that I have fixed that problem, so you can try again. Jena says hugs and kisses to all her family and friends...................More later!

1 comment:

Robynn said...

It was sooooooo good to read your "Good Morning Tuesday". I am so glad you are doing well Miss Jena! I've been thinking about you a lot this week and thinking about the first day I met you. That was one of the happiest days of my life. I could tell then that you were going to be something very very amazing in this world and you are! I love you so much and want you to know that I am praying for you and so are the people in the Dallas Temple. Your name is on our Temple Prayer Roll and that is a very good place to be. I know our Heavenly Father will send his blessings right to you in the Primary Children's Hospital. I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday. I only wish I could give you a hug. SLY Sis. T.O.