Sunday, April 14, 2024

Spring Treats

Following the suggestions given by state government to stock up on food stuffs, water, and gas prior to the eclipse (they were expecting lots of people to invade the state.  I think they had some but not the millions they were hoping for), I planned our Tuesday meal so that I could buy all of the groceries on Friday before the eclipse.  I don't know why, but for some reason I thought it would be fun to make- "Oreo Dirt Pots."  You probably have had them as a kid.  They have Oreos crushed up to look like dirt and then layered in a clear cup with chocolate pudding and cool whip and then a plastic flower is added to make it look like a little flower pot.

By Tuesday, when Jena and I were making them, I was really doubting this as a good idea.  Perhaps my Cub Scout days were showing through.  Jena liked making them so we had a fun afternoon doing that.
I was still undecided until we got to the Church and I showed Karina the plan.  She loved it and she and Jena went right to work adding the flowers and the "glow in the dark" dinosaurs.

And the young adults loved them!  It brought a smile to their faces as they saw them on the counter.  The dinos were in big demand by everyone.  And I saw the flower stems stuck in scriptures and purses as the young adult sisters left for home after class.
A silly little thing, but it brought smiles to the young adults--that's a win!
 

No comments: