Sunday, April 21, 2024

Institute Tuesday

It is tricky teaching Institute twice a week for over a year--I have started worrying about if I am sharing the same stories and testimony.  Using different curriculum for each class adds to my concerns.  This week as I was planning the lesson for Clarksville which included Enos...and therefore prayer, I kept thinking that I had just given a lesson about prayer to them.  In looking though some handouts for a conference talk, I found a handout on prayer--which I had made for the Ft. Smith Institute--just two weeks ago.  Maybe couples teaching Institute should just do one year missions, so that the kids can be exposed to other stories and styles...but we will keep plugging along.

In Ft. Smith this week, I pulled the tables apart when we set up the room--as we had three different group things we were going to do.  Just doing that, increased the talking during dinner--which is a good thing and one of the reason we have dinner before class--for the connections.

We talked about Christlike Attributes----here is our whiteboard summary of Christlike Attributes (plus Benjamin Franklin's list of virtues) and how we can develop these attributes.
It is a great privilege to teach Institute and to talk about the gospel in this setting twice a week.  I will miss it when I return home....and especially the preparation which is one of the blessings of being a teacher.


 

No comments: