Saturday, April 13, 2024

GENERAL CONFERENCE WEEKEND

Awesome---Key words for me:  prayer, confidence, covenants, and temples!

Hooray for Zion!

We had Karina and the sister missionaries join us for the Saturday afternoon session at our house--


And then we had "Pancakes and Prophets" on Sunday morning at the Church with the young adults.  This time we watch conference in the High Council room which was much more comfortable than the pews.  It is weird to think we will be in Syracuse by the next General Conference.

Breakfast first in the Institute room--

the young adult women and missionaries

the young adult men and missionaries
Conference in the High Council room


Along the wall in this room they have the pictures of the First Presidency and all of the Apostles.  I guess someone was tired of being asked where Elder Kearan's photo was (he was newly called a few months ago.)

It was sweet to be together for the morning session.....

...although I was happy to watch the afternoon session in my "comfortable " casual clothes.

Another note:  Saturday night, I mentioned to Gary that I didn't think that there were any more places tied to us that can get a temple.  After all, Springfield, Provo, Hong Kong, etc. all have temples already or announced.  (Technically, Plano doesn't have a temple but it is close to Dallas and also to the new temple in McKinney. Clearfield and Sunset where we lived briefly in each don't either, but they are tiny towns very near Syracuse and Layton). I said, the only major city left we have lived in is West Jordan and I can't imagine them putting one there with the two in South Jordan, Draper, and Salt Lake and the newest one-Taylorsville to be opening soon.

In case you missed it, West Jordan was announced in the list of 15 on Sunday--which shows that I don't know anything about where temples are going....but also that it is downright uncanny how special places to us are all getting temples!  Is it happening to you as well!

I loved conference as usual.  I love the pattern of my life that includes these two special weekends every April and October.

No comments: