Monday, January 1, 2024

HAPPY 2024!!!

A friend wrote these two haikus that she shared on Facebook for the new year.  With her permission, I record them here because I like the thoughts they express.  Here is her whole post in case it inspires you to try to do the same--this is from Laurie Heimbigner (a friend from Carmichael Junior High/Columbia High School-Richland, WA))

Happy New Year to youl 🎉😘🎉
2 days ago I was introduced to a new way to "notice your world": write a haiku poem with three lines; five syllables in the first, seven in the second and five again in the third. I'm having fun with it.
NEW YEAR'S DAY
Blank slate just waiting
Be bold embrace the moment
Write a great story
PROTECTED
The Lord has my back
Overflowing gratitude
I walk in His peace

When I asked if I could reprint them, she said yes and commented that she has really enjoyed focusing her thoughts in this way and pick up the essentials things. I like that and might give it a try.....maybe you should, too! And share.....

1 comment:

Sister Marianne Jones said...

I'm inspired! I wrote a poem about my new missionary son.