Sunday, January 14, 2024

Facebook Post-January 14th

Trying to keep track of my posts on Facebook:

"Happy New Year! We hope 2024 brings many great adventures in your lives, in your families, and in your Churches and communities. Be found doing good and joy will trail after you!

After a busy Christmas season, life became super quiet as Gary (on Christmas morning) and then Jena and I got Covid. So we spent our "break" from Institute staying home and coughing. Fortunately, none of us got really sick...mostly tired. We stayed home, read, did puzzles, and watched lots of movies!
We started teaching Institute again this past week and will start again in Clarksville this coming week. We will be teaching "Jesus Christ and His Everlasting Gospel" in Ft. Smith and the Book of Mormon in Clarksville. What a powerful combination as the Book of Mormon serves as a second witness to the Bible of Jesus Christ's divine role as our Savior, Redeemer, and Advocate!
We were suppose to speak in Church today but meetings got canceled because of a winter snowstorm. So, we are staying home and keeping warm while watching the pretty snow flakes...except for Jena and I who played in the storm for a bit. I actually made a snow angel (photos below.)
My little miracle this past week: I was running some errands earlier in the week and driving north on I-540. I was traveling in the right lane following a truck carrying furniture in its bed. As we began to pass a merging lane onto the freeway, I thought I should move over but decided it wasn't necessary because both the truck and I would be clearly passed when the car on the ramp needed to merge onto the freeway. Just then the thought came that I was in Arkansas and it is typical to see cars merge over to the left lane whenever there are cars on the merge lane--they are kind like that here--so I merged over. Within 3-4 seconds after I merged over, a big piece of carpet along with some cardboard came flying off the truck and spattered on the road beside me. If I had remained in that lane, it would have landed right in front of me or on my car! What would have been a scary moment was avoided as I listened to that prompting to move over--like the good people of Arkansas do!
Have you seen the workings of God in your life this past week?
Have a great week and I hope you are all keeping warm!
I know it is odd to have Christmas photos first but since I posted on Christmas Eve last, that is the next day....scroll through to see the snow in Arkansas from today (January 14)"

No comments: