Sunday, January 7, 2024

A Quiet Week Of Recovering

If you are going to have Covid on a mission--probably anytime in your life--do it during an "off couple of weeks."  No Institute or branch activities! Just the regular missionary meetings which we attended over Zoom!  And as far as we have heard, no one else who we may have exposed has gotten sick--yay!

By earlier in the week, Gary and I were over most of the symptoms and could make it through the day without taking a couple of naps.  Jena doesn't really nap even when she is sick, but she is also improving although her cough is hanging around and more frequent than ours.  She doesn't nap, but she sleeps in until 11 or noon.  She is staying home from Church today as well with Gary to avoid being exposed to other germs while she is still recovering.

We took advantage of the quiet time to--read books, do a puzzle, clean the apartment a little at a time, ordering groceries for pick-up, and watching movies of all kinds.  Gary continues to work on the Find A Grave and Family Search.  He did a zoom call this week with a few of the other senior couples to train them to do cemetery pictures, too.  The Bevans already did it on Friday and enjoyed the process although Gary spent time with them yesterday over Zoom figuring out a couple of odd situations they found.

We also had our first monthly Zoom devotional meeting with our senior missionaries and had good conversations and didn't even have time for the game we created.  That was fun as well.

I got the calendar ready for 2024--for the apartment....

and my personal one---this is my 2023 and 2024 Calendars  (they are made by Erin Condren which  I have used for several years).  I haven't really used my calendar much on this mission because I am not busy in the same way....mostly I have just used the month calendars in it.  It seems I really liked the cover because my 2024 is SO similar, oh, well--I will be back to "real" life in the fall and will need it to get myself resettled into everything.
We had our first flakes of snow during the nigh, so we woke up to snow on the grass on Friday but it quickly melted.  One set of elders further north did slid off the road out in the countryside, so welcome to winter, Elders!!

We are starting Institute next week in Ft. Smith.  Our class this time is "Jesus Christ and His Everlasting Gospel."  I am excited as I began rereading the book Jesus the Christ by James Talmage in November and it will be a great foundation for the class.  I had set reading that book as one of my goals for this mission and I am glad that I started it at a time that it will be very helpful.
 
It doesn't get better than teaching about the Savior each week on Tuesdays and then teaching about the Book of Mormon on Thursdays  (in Clarksville which doesn't start for another week.)


And that sums up our week!  Hope you had a productive week WITHOUT Covid!  Let 2024 roll on....

No comments: