Sunday, February 9, 2020

UDSF Retreat

Once again, I headed up to Bear Lake the last weekend of January for our annual board retreat to make plans and develop a vision for the foundation.  It was a bit bittersweet as it is my last one as a board member.  I will be stepping down at the end of March after our next board meeting and already my replacement is engaged and ready to go.

This time, Gary didn't go with me as someone needed to manage Jena's crazy weekends, so I enjoyed a beautiful drive through Logan and up Logan Canyon to Bear Lake by myself.  We had all had some snow that week so the scenery was stunning.  It was hard to get good pictures while driving of course, so I pulled off at one point to get pictures of the stream running with snow covered banks.  The chill of the air and the beauty was truly breathtaking.





 
Okay, I was driving when I took this photo and it is a very disappointing photo.  As I started over the top of the mountain into the Bear Lake area, the view was amazing.  There was lots of cloud cover as you can see, but then a strip of blue sky and the shoreline across the way, and then the lake itself--it looked like clouds had laid down in the 'bowl" formed by the lake.  The reflection of the clouds in the water was so perfect.  However, this photo didn't capture the lake part.
This is the house that we held the retreat at.  I got there early and went on about a 30 minute walk in the area while I waited for others to arrive.
Here is a view of the north end of the lake which shows a bit of the cloud-colored lake.
This is a house along the way.  Can you imagine sitting in the glass area room between the two sections of this house in the middle of a storm (rain or snow)?  That would be spectacular!

 

View down to the lake from the top of the hill.
It was a good start to a great weekend as we talked about plans to improve the lives of people with Down syndrome and their families in Utah.  Glad there are passionate people to take care of this part of the cause while I am serving a mission.

No comments: