Sunday, February 23, 2020

SEAQUEST WITH FOUR LITTLE HALLS

I wish all of the other grandchildren were there as well to share seeing all of the fish, birds, turtles, and other members of the animal kingdom.  Jena and I were able to join Jessica and Elessia and their four kids on Presidents' Day before we headed down to Provo.

Seaquest is a little aquarium/animal place in the Layton Hills Mall.  I have never been there before.  It was fun but a bit expensive for the size of the whole place.  Unfortunately, since it was a holiday, we were joined by LOTS of other families as well.  Nevertheless, it was fun to watch the kids watch the animals and fish.  We like to teach our people early to love fish and other animals.

Jena and Liam:
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor

The magic of fish on the coral reef  (that is Carter's head in the outline.)


 Checking out the lizards.

This large aquarium had several small rays which liked to come by for a rub.


Carter meeting the ray, safely behind the glass.

Image may contain: one or more people

Zander loved the pigs at the front door.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, child

Hanging out watching the fish---
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling
 Carter was brave enough to go into the turtle's home and touch him.
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and outdoor

Liam with "his" bird--
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, eyeglasses

I can't believe that Jessica actually caught this moment in a photo.  You can't see it but above our head was a branch with a small parrot.  While we were looking at the bird on the cup in my hand, the bird above us dropped a small "gift" which landed right on my hand which was holding the cup. Yuck!  I think Alex just liked the funny sound I made when I realized that I was just peed on.

Image may contain: 3 people, people sitting, shoes and outdoor

It was a fun morning together and the stuff that memories are made of.  I hope that they grow up and love animals like my kids do.  Maybe they will even want to scuba dive!

No comments: