Sunday, June 16, 2019

Grandchildren....Second Verse

Jessica and Elessia were making a big bedroom switch in their house in Magna--moving all four kids into the bigger master bedroom and moving themselves into the smaller bedroom.  As this was a big project, they all came and stayed at our house while they worked on the switch.  It was a big project which took longer than they thought (these types of projects often do.)  I don't know how they managed to do their jobs, work on the house, drive back and forth to Salt Lake, and take care of babies during the night who weren't sleeping well due to colds.

But meanwhile, I got some grandmother time with their four little ones.  I even managed naps for three out of the four by myself...on one of the days!

My proof:  I got the two girls to sleep and then set Liam near them to make sure no one rolled off the couch and then went and rocked Zander for a few minutes before putting him down for his nap.
Zander and Liam both loved our two different marble tracks.....you can barely see Zander's cute nose between the tracks.

Jena took this picture of me with the girls.
Liam thought he was so clever as he put pieces of the marble track on each of his toes on his right foot...unfortunately I am not as clever taking pictures and none of the ones of his foot with "long toes" turned out.
My selfie with Alex....
Liam and Zander loved playing in our sandbox and on the swings.
 Liam is taking a break from play.........
The girls loved it as well-----you can have a picture with Alex looking and Carter not OR
 one with Carter looking and Alex not....
but, apparently it is not possible to have both of them looking at the same time at me.

It was fun to have them here until early Saturday morning when I woke up about 1 am with a fever which lasted a couple of days with a sore throat and cough that just keep hanging on.  :(  After that, I was no help watching the kids so Jessica and Elessia would just switch places--Jessica would go to work then come back and Elessia would head for the house to keep working on the switch.  After a very long night on last Sunday night, they headed back home last Monday.  Tuesday night was the first night all four slept in the bedroom and all did well.  Hopefully that continues.

Now I am excited for the third verse of grandchildren which happens in a few weeks when Tosha arrives with her three kids to spend several weeks of the summer with us.

No comments: