Sunday, June 2, 2019

Cleaning and Memories

In the huge effort of bringing some organization to our house after some years of less than optimal investment in that--I cleaned our dressers and the closet in our bedroom.  Did the usual thing--cleaned, threw away the clothes that no longer are wearable, donated others, and tried to bring order to the spaces.  In that process, gathered these Scouting neckerchiefs.  Oh, the memories that are connected with these (and some companion duplicates).  Gary and I have had years of great experiences in the Scouting program including both of us getting our Wood Badge award (or is that rank?).  We have appreciated the experiences that our two boys had in Boy Scouts as well and their many dedicated leaders.  These certainly represent a significant part of our adulthood, but I think that season is completed.

Years ago, when we lived in Plano, Texas, my friend, Robynn Thiot, and I made a plan to run a wolf/bear den at a local elementary school in a high-needs part of town when our kids were grown. I still think that is a great idea, but the weekly commute to Plano is not in the plans.  Robynn taught me to love Cub Scouts fully and I have reaped the advantages of that love in so many Scout callings.


These certainly represent a significant part of our adulthood, but I think that season is completed. As part of my cleaning effort, I am taking pictures, not keeping, all of these mementos of our lives. (Kids, you can thank me later if I complete this whole process before I die.......)

No comments: