Sunday, May 6, 2018

The start of May 2018

promises to be a good month with fun happenings and some work along the way.



The logo above is from an ad campaign in Plano, Texas, about some activity going on there.  Robynn Thiot posted it on her blog and I decided to borrow it.  We have been so fortunate to live in some wonderful places, seen wonderful things, and most of all, met wonderful people.  I sometimes feel sad when I think about all of the other "wonderful places" in the world to meet more "wonderful people" (and moving every 3-6 years does help with the dejunking part.)

However I do love Syracuse where we have spent the last almost 20 years of our lives....and I like our home and neighborhood.

Although, in the middle of the first Saturday available for yard work, I was thinking townhome living might be the way to go.  It is a bit overwhelming to keep a house and yard going when working full-time.  I don't know how people do it, especially with younger kids at home.  I just have younger grandkids and can't keep things up.

However, at the end of the day, it did feel like things were on the way to be organized.  And I didn't feel quite as discouraged about it all.

Definitely signs of spring and summer just around the corner--

Gary started putting up the trampoline in preparation for the grandchildren coming for Mother's Day
The picnic table is in place
 and the patio furniture is out and ready.
Some of the last of the tulips still in bloom..  

And the part of the yard that we haven't gotten ready yet, but the lilac tree is so beautiful (and smells so wonderful, my neighbor, Marge said. She took some cuttings into her kitchen.)

This will be part of this week's work.  We are excited to share some new outside things with the grandkids when they come next week....well, 2/3s of them.



No comments: