Sunday, May 27, 2018

Reminders of Mother's Day

Mother's day morning started with a sweet text and meme from Tosha and Austen:

Framed pictures of our fun day in the fall together (from Scott and Chantel):
Footprints in a garden stone (from Jessica and Elessia)
 A key ring and note from Jena
 And some kind phone calls from Ben over the weekend.

Of course some of the best benefits of being a mother come later when you are the grandma!
Now we know that the yellow bunny sticker really hides baby #2!!  We need to fix that so all eight of the grandchildren are represented!

You know, I feel like I am a fairly average mom--some things I was great at and other things not so great!  There are things I wished I had done more of and things I wish I had done less on.  However, I deeply and completely love my five children and I feel so blessed to have them as part of my life and part of my experience while on this earth.  Never in any of the moments I have had as their mom did I ever doubt that they were purposely and intentionally sent to me--sometimes I think I was not up to the challenge, but I knew that it was the plan for all of us.  Mothering is the hardest thing I do and continues to challenge me and push me beyond myself.  It is the thing which has been the hardest for me and also brought me the most laughter and joy.  It is the best way!  Gary and I worked hard to make sure that these five children came to our family and on this Mother's Day as well as all the ones before and all the ones afterwards, I am so grateful for these five children who were willing to come and make me MOTHER.  Thanks to all of you.

2010 Family Photo on Grandpa Hall's tractor
Tosha, Jena, Ben, Scott, and Jessica
Just a month before Chantel became part of our family, and the
fun explosion of new family members began!

No comments: