Sunday, May 20, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

All mothers know that Mother's Day is a bit of a mixed bag......you love the sweet cards and gifts from your children (who made you a mom in the first place), but you also can sometimes be reminded of all the things that you are NOT good as a mom.  You hear the talks at Church or read posts on Facebook and think, "I don't do that." or "I wish that I had done that." or "My kids would never say that about me."  And I think of my mom who I miss like crazy and my mind fills with those memories as well.  I also had several Mother's Days when I wanted to be a mother and was not and I feel for those women around me in similar situations.  And I think about those women that I share my children with, their birth mothers, and send my thoughts of love and compassion to them. Like I said, Mother's Day is complicated ---a mixed bag!!

This Mother's Day was awesome!!  I got a sweet message from Tosha, fun gifts from the other kids, and we had a fun time being together (missing Ben and Tosha/Austen family, of course.)  The weather was perfect, Chantel made yummy hamburgers on the grill, and we loved watching the kids play.  There was also one very MEMORABLE announcement (but that will have its own post.)

Scarlett and James at the piano
Zander and James at the dog door together.  Like their older siblings, they are trying to figure out how to use this to get in and out of the house on their own.  Although they aren't yet talking, you could see them working together to figure this puzzle out. 
Picnic times...........

We shared a bit of time with Tosha on Facetime and I talked to Ben earlier....like I said, a very Happy Mother's Day........................with one special announcement...................(see the next post!)

No comments: