Sunday, April 1, 2018

Grandmother's Privileges

My kids can attest that Easter grass in their Easter baskets were not a common thing.  Early on in our Easter basket experiences when we had three or four baskets to do, grass was out and I would find other items to add "fluff" such as beach towels or t-shirts....anything but the grass which seemed to linger for weeks after the holiday in unexpected places.  (And for the record, the Easter Bunny made his annual visit on Saturday morning most years, especially when we did not live near extended family.)

But as I was putting together a box to mail off to Tosha and family, it was just fun to add the green Easter grass on top of the collection of little things for Easter (and also some for Cooper's first birthday this coming week.

I added some instructions so that Tosha would know what was for what.......and then left the list outside the box after I got it all taped up to mail.  So I had to text it to her....takes some of the surprise out of the whole thing, but I don't tell her it was coming with grass!!!
(Hopefully, you grabbed all of the grass, Tosha, before it spread throughout your house.)

Easter grass is a Grandma's privilege--you can do things to bring joy to the grandchildren--despite the noise, mess, or other inconveniences to parents!! 

No comments: