Saturday, November 29, 2014

Hall "Chili and Scones" Halloween

Carrying on the Hall tradition of chili and scones on Halloween is such a pleasure for me.  Using Gary's sister Valerie's recipe, it doesn't take much to make a huge pot of chili and add some dough and the evening is ready to go.  It is fun to have Mom Hall here and to see her enjoy the great grandchildren in their Halloween costumes.  Extra exciting this year because it was the first time we had a great grandchild of our own in the mix.

However a few days beforehand, I wasn't sure we could pull it off.  I was still sick from the kidney stone adventure and wasn't sure that I could do what needed to be done to be ready.  On top of that, the next day (Nov. 1) I was in charge of a UDSF Conference for 150 people.  It really seemed like more than I could do.  Gary just kept encouraging me to rest and not decided anything until Friday morning.

Friday morning, I woke feeling better than I had for over a month so spent 5-6 hours on follow-ups for the conference last minute details and then cleaned the house (loosely) and started dinner.  (Luckily spider webs fit right in at Halloween.) 

I was so glad that I did.  I loved having my family come and seeing the great nieces and nephews in their cute costumes.  I love watching my nieces and nephews parenting their children.  I went to bed (very late) but contended.  Gary knows me so well.  He knew I would have been so sad to miss that opportunity.
Traditional Pumpkin dinner a couple of days before Halloween

Natalie, Ezrie, and Lisa  (children of cousins)
Dallin and Dad Chris; Emily and Dad Eric
Princess Scarlett was a big hit.
I am glad that she came for her first "Chili and Scones Night".
Next year she will get a scone.

Jessica was sick so we missed seeing them that night.  And of course, Tosha and Austen with Niki were too far away.  :(   They attended a Halloween party at friends' home.

I hope that you all had a great Halloween as well.  Let the holidays begin..........





No comments: