Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Youth Conference

Some times this blog seems like a reporting of Jena's life.  I apologize to my other kids from time to time as their lives were documented in emails to my family and before that old fashion letters to my parents, no pictures included (or very rarely).  Times have changed.  Digital cameras and blogs make keeping in touch with my family so much easier.  I don't have pictures of my young adult children working and living their lives alrhough they do keep some things posted on their facebook pages--the even more modern way to "keep in touch".

Back to Jena:  The first Thursday and Friday after school was out she attended our Stake Youth Conference which was a stay at home one (which means that they sleep at their own houses).  They spent two days between service projects, workshops, swimming, speakers, eating, and going to Boondocks.  She loved it. 

On Thursday night after the first day packed with events, we asked Jena what she liked best.  She said, "The speaker named Mike but I can't remember his other name.  I think it started with an F".  She remembered he had talked about attitude and the Holy Ghost.  It bugged her that she couldn't remember his last name.  I found out his name later and it did start with a F.  He was a motivational speaker.  Her young women leader told me that Jena was always very attentive during the speakers and workshops but she clearly loved that speaker.  Right after that session was completed she hopped up and went up to him to shake his hand and say thank you. Her leaders were very impressed and I heard that someone took a picture.  Hopefully we can post a picture later.  

She liked the Friday speakers as well.  And she beat her foursome in bowling on Friday afternoon....She surprised a few people with her skills.  A successful two days for her.  We are so grateful to everyone who made the conference great for her.

No comments: