Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Garden Stool

If you have lived in Hong Kong, you will know about garden stools--ceramic stools which can be found in gardens and yards throughout the countryside.  When I lived there, everyone of the expats , it seemed, was buying one.  For that reason alone, I didn't.....

And as soon as we moved to Texas, I regreted it.  Since then I have wanted one--not from Pier 1 or the internet, but one that I picked in Hong Kong, from Hong Kong (although made in China, of course.)  However when I had gone back, it never seemed the right time to find one and spent the amount of money for it and to ship back.  You can't really carry it on as hand luggage.

During my visit in March and with the help of my good friends, I bought one and had it shipped to Syracuse.  It finally arrived in May.  It is perfect and I love looking out my kitchen window and seeing it on the deck.  It brings sweet memories of Hong Kong and friends!


Ben was the first one to try it out.

Another view on the deck

Once again, I try to be a gardener!!!!

No comments: