Tuesday, June 26, 2012

9th Grade Celebratons

The fun times just kept coming for Jena at the end of May.  On back to back to back days, she went to the 9th grade party after school, 9th grade Lagoon Day, and "Last day of school--yearbook signing".

Here are some pictures:

                                                                   9th GRADE PARTY
The power of peers---Jena does not really like these blow-up bounce toys,
but her friends invted her to join them in th fun so she did it a couple of times.

They set up a big slide on the grass and I asked Jena if she was going to run down it.
Her answer was an definate no.  About 15 minutes later, I saw her again and she was wet.
She had gone down the side 3 times.  I asked her to do it again so that I could get a picture.  It took some convincing but she did.  Hence the following picture...........




Here is Jena.  As soon as she got to the slide with her shoes off, one of the kids spraying the slide called down to the rest of kids spraying, "It's Jena.  Don't spray her.  She doesn't like to be sprayed."  Quickly they all turned their hoses away from her body and just barely sprayed her feet as she "inched" and I meaned "inched" down the slide.  She knows I was laughing so hard I could hardly take the picture.  That's our Jena, doing the best but doing it her way.  Love her.
Two firehoses shooting into the soccer field for about 15 minutes..
9th grade parties have updated since my day.

This is as close as Jena and Meggan went to the powerful hoses.


The next day was Lagoon Day.  Jena and her friend, Meggan and I spent the day enjoying the rides.  At least they did.  Our second ride was the Tilt-O-Whirl.  Now I remembered watching it and thinking I know that I don't like that ride, but it didn't look bad and Jena wanted to go on it.  So off we went.............I did fine for the first two spins but it was down hill for me after that.  It took a couple of hours for my stomach to return to normal.  Fortunately Meggan and Jena weren't big adventurers either and they found plenty to do while I watched and took a few pictures.

Meggan going alone on the Spider.
Not Jena's style, I guess.

The Octopus!!!!  Big smiles.



The big news is that Jena rode on the "White Rollercoaster" and said she liked it.  She did seem a bit happy that the line was too long to ride it again, so I am not sure that it was her favorite thing.  She is getting braver.



We ended up the day with a visit for dipping dots from Aunt Vonette.  Gary's sister has spent the last four or five years working the "School Days" at Lagoon which is actually quite a hard job to get as the demand for the jobs is high.  You work about 10 days in May and get some seasons passes in addition to pay.  Vonette likes it as do her kids and grandkids.  A fun day!!

It is hard to believe that Jena is finished with Legcy Junior High.  It has been a great school for her and we will always be thankful for her teachers, staff, and peer tutors there.


No comments: