Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ogden Temple

You may not know but the Ogden Temple will be closed on April 1 and be torn down and rebuilt in a completely new style although it will be built on the same foundation. I went to the temple on Friday and was surprised how sad I felt about it. I was never a big fan of the design (I know, I was married in its twin, the Provo Temple...but that is another story.) and the new design looks much better. Change often brings feelings and memories as my visit did on Friday. Ogden Temple is where I learned that we have a duty to attend the temple. It was an important lesson to learn.

Today when we attended our last Stake Conference at the Ogden Tabernacle which will also be redone at the same time as the temple. We took some pictures after our meeting.

2 comments:

Robynn said...

I LOVE your hair, well done and welcome to the "only my hair dresser knows for sure" club. I am glad you got one more time to attend stake conference in the tabernacle. Sweet memories. Have a wonderful week busy lady. Love, Rob

Valerie Ipson said...

It will be a big change because that temple design was so unique. Think about the people who had their wedding photos taken at the (old) Ogden Temple. They'll have to explain to their grandkids.