Sunday, March 27, 2011

Conversation with Jena

I spent Friday evening and Saturday at the Links Conference in Salt Lake which is for families and professionals who work with people with all types of disabilities.

It reminded me of a converation that I had with Jena recently. She was telling me about some one in her class that had a "syndrome"--I can't remember which one--"and he talked alot." I asked her if she knew any other syndromes and she gave me a look and said, "Of course, Down syndrome". She listed off several people she knew including a boy she hasn't seen if over 5 years. I then asked her what is was like to have Down syndrome. She replied, "You can do lots of sports" and then listed the many sports that she does with Special Olympics (have I told you how much I like Special Olympics?) and then included skiing and camping. I asked her what was hard. Quickly she answered "Tests." And I think that sums it up.

No comments: