Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy 33rd to Gary and I

on the 3rd day of the 3rd month in the year 2011.....

Gary thought he was very clever (and he was) by delivering these two vases of three yellow roses to work to celebrate our "3s". How clever of us to pick March 3 to get married in a year that would allow us to celebrate our 33rd one in a year with another double 2011. Everyone had worked was very impressed by the whole thing.

A funny side note is that many commented that their husband never sends flowers. SO I had to point out that I believe that this is only the third time that Gary has sent me flowers. (another 3, totally planned by him, he is claiming, for years to make "3" even more special.) Don't believe that for a second. The first one was 1 dozen yellow roses one month before we got married. Once for Valentnes Day when he was gone on a business trip--he can't take much credit for that because the Marriot was doing a promotion for people staying that week...they sent flowers to anyone for you on Valentines Day, so Gary said sure, send them to my wife. In the interest of full disclosure, he did give me a small planter from the hospital gift shop when Jessica was born. It was in a baby type vase with fake flowers so I set it on her shelf and then noticed 6 weeks later or so that the fake greenery was turning brown. Oops...it had a real little ivy plant as part of the arrangement which I had not noticed. I like flowers and buy them from time to time to decorate our house, especially when we lived in Hong Kong near a flower market and they were cheap. I don't mind that Gary is not a big flower giver, but I loved these and all the years they represent. I love you, Gary Hall. Happy Anniversary.

Hanging now in our kitchen is the family collage that I finally got printed and framed in time for our anniversary as well. Our gift to each other is a 20' flag pole which we will put out front when spring comes.

2 comments:

Valerie Ipson said...

Congratulations!

Hey, next year me and Lance--2/12/2012. It'll be our 30th. I don't know how that part wil fit in.

The Neerings Family said...

Glad to know my hubby isn't the only guy who doesn't buy flowers! ;o)