Sunday, February 25, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day

Jena doesn't like us to miss any of these holidays so she was glad to see the Valentine's balloon flying in our living room when she woke up on February 14. 
I was actually pretty pleased with my gift for Gary--a book about scenic train rides throughout the world.  I suggested we pick one out of the US and add it to our travel plans some year.  He said why don't we go on one once a year!  There are some amazing sites along these scenic train rides.

There are a number within the US and many of them are tourist train rides of just a day, so some of those we will certainly do in the mix of traveling.
Jena was happy with her navy blue Valentine shirt--she is not a big fan of pink or red.

Hadn't gotten her hair brush yet that morning
Gary got me a small ottoman to use with my desk chair or sitting at the couch.  I like having my feet propped up when possible.

The weather has been mild and actually moving into the warm category.  On Valentine's day I took a pleasant walk in the mid-50's--last week, it was 79 degrees when I went walking.  Flowers are blooming everywhere.  It is suppose to be in the 80s today through Tuesday and then drop 40 degrees or so as a cold front moves in on Tuesday.  This is Arkansas weather--and we are loving it!
Someone planted or threw some daffodils into a field and now there are bunches of flowers popping up through the weeds and leaves. 
This type of tree has hung on to many of its leaves through the winter so far.  Interested to see when the leaves will finally fall for the new grow to start.
The stream down the road has flowing water again with the winter rains.

Valentine's Day Sunset!!  We will miss this view when we return home.

 

1 comment:

Robynn said...

What a Very Fun Valentines Day! I love your train book and Jena's navy heart shirt is so fun! Well Done Missionary Halls!