Sunday, September 17, 2023

"Mothering"-- A Facebook Post

Facebook Post:   (September 8)

The photo I shared which was our family photo in the
summer of 2010 just before Scott and Chantel got married.
It was taken in the field directly east of Gary's parents' home and
this is "Grandpa Hall's" tractor.

 "So in the middle of my research today to prepare for the Institute lesson on Tuesday about Latter-day Saints' hymns written by women--I found this sweet end to a poem written by Mabel Jones Gabbott (who wrote one of my favorite Sacrament hymns- "In Humility, Our Savior"), The poem is called "Eve and I."

If I were Eve and the serpent came
(Wise and knowing and calling my name),
And offered me pain and worry and death
And love of child to life’s last breath,
I think I would take the apple and eat
And count the price of mortality sweet.
Mothering is certainly the hardest thing I have done or will ever do, but it is also the most wonderful! How I love these sweet children who call me mom (and the ones who now call me grandma) and even the others who came and went from our home over the years! You each have changed me and made me a different person--a better person because of being loved by you.
And I love watching you love your children, too even though we are in Arkansas.
End of my soapbox...back to researching this amazing women who wrote beautiful hymns of faith, love, and devotion to God and Christ."

No comments: