Sunday, September 17, 2023

Institute: Hymns By Later-day Saint Women

The prior Friday, I had spent most of the day doing research on the 13 women who he lesson focused on.  This isn't all of the hymns written by women in the hymnbook because some are written by other Christian women writers and we will have a lesson specifically about Eliza R. Snow.  It was great to learn more about these women and to connect their stories with their hymns.  I shared about one on Facebook which I will copy over to the blog in a minute.  If you ever have some free time, start googling the names of these writers and learn their stories and their hymns.

Class at work with a learning project about the hymns

Jena, Esther and Esther's mom sharing about their hymn-- Families Can Be Together Forever

I guess we could play Name That Hymn based on these posters related to the gospel principles taught by the hymn.....

The Sisters-----"Lord, I Will Follow Thee"
"Where Can I Turn For Peace"
"Families Can Be Together Forever"
"As Sisters In Zion"   by the two young men in our class
Three of the four photos had temples on them.  We are all in anticipation of the dedication on Sunday.
 

No comments: