Sunday, June 26, 2022

Covid STILL.....

On Monday we tested Jena as suggested by Covid protocols and she tested positive.  It wasn't until Wednesday that she started coughing and having a runny nose and overall, she has done great.  She doesn't sleep as much as Gary and I did when we were sick.

Gary ended up going in about 6:30 each morning, wearing a mask, to deliver the mail throughout the building.  Then he headed home around mid-morning although that became later and later each day.  I stayed home all week.  I still had congestion and a headache most days.  Sometimes I felt pretty good and then the next day, I would sleep most of the day.  I left the house for the first time yesterday (after 11 days) to attend a funeral and then later to do some grocery shopping.  So slowly life is getting back to normal for us.

We did manage to do an oral history over zoom with a mission leader now living in Portland, Oregon, so some work done while recovering.  And with prayers and lots of drinks of water, I managed to do it without coughing!

I think we are all good to be back to the Library tomorrow--although Jena will still need to wear a mask.

Covid continues to go through the mission, the zone and Salt Lake County but so far everyone has had fairly mild cases with no hospital or ER visits needed.  A blessing of the vaccines.

The one bright spot is that now we have all three had a version of Covid, perhaps that gives us even a bit more protection when we travel to Israel in October. 

No comments: